As the concerns for our community continue, the Board of BoldeReach is providing funds for matching grants addressing the impact of COVID-19 in our community.
Please join us in supporting your fellow community members and the broader world!
1. BoldeReach has created a MATCHING FUND to raise money for the 2020 Downtown Boulder Employee Assistance Fund which supports individual employees of downtown Boulder businesses who are experiencing immediate, unforeseen financial hardships due to COVID-19. If you enjoy restaurants and businesses in Boulder and appreciate the sales people, servers, cooks, etc. that make that possible (and who come to work in Boulder from all over Boulder County), please join us!
Every dollar that that you contribute will be matched up to $5000. Help us multiply our donation to reach our $10,000 goal and support EVEN MORE employees in need.
and then ask your friends who love Boulder to donate also.
2. Locally, Community Food Share provides supplies to MANY organizations addressing food insecurity which is even more critical during the COVID-19 crisis. BoldeReach is providing $2500 to assist local families through the COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund. We invite you to join us! Click here to donate: https://communityfoodshare.org/
3. BoldeReach is supporting two of our former recipients:
– Water for People – hard to wash your hands if water is not available!! Join us on GIVING TUESDAY, MAY 5th and match our $2500 grant! Click here to participate: https://water.org/donate/
– Center for American Indian Health – an overlooked community especially during this crisis! BoldeReach has donated $5000 to COVID-19 Fund to provide Wellness boxes to various tribes. The boxes contain food, cleaning supplies, water, infant needs and educational materials. To also support this organization, click here: http://caih.jhu.edu/giving/
BoldeReach recognizes that you may be receiving asks from many organizations struggling at this time and may also have personal concerns. We honor donations of any size and hope you will consider adding to the match which will be used to directly support our community.
AND don’t forget to complete your CENSUS…
What Is the 2020 Census?
Why We Conduct The Census
The census provides critical data that lawmakers, business owners, teachers, and many others use to provide daily services, products, and support for you and your community. Every year, billions of dollars in federal funding go to hospitals, fire departments, schools, roads, and other resources based on census data.
The results of the census also determine the number of seats each state will have in the U.S. House of Representatives, and they are used to draw congressional and state legislative districts.
It’s also in the Constitution: Article 1, Section 2, mandates that the country conduct a count of its population once every 10 years. The 2020 Census will mark the 24th time that the country has counted its population since 1790.
Participating in the census is required by law, even if you recently completed another survey from the Census Bureau. A complete and accurate count is critical for you and your community, because the results of the 2020 Census will affect community funding, congressional representation, and more.
With regret, we are joining thousands of other organizations in cancelling events
to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We will not be holding the event listed below.
TO LEARN MUCH MORE ABOUT THE CENSUS…
in partnership with
Museum of Boulder
Community Foundation Boulder County
invites you to join us for a
Conversation on the Importance of the 2020 Census:
The Power of the Census
Why an Accurate Census Matters to YOU!
Wednesday, April 15,2020
hosted by the
Museum of Boulder
(parking is available in the City of Boulder parking garage or street level lot at Broadway & Spruce)
5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Seating is limited
so please click below to RSVP.
BoldeReach is proud to partner with
The Museum of Boulder, Community Foundation Boulder County
and the following panelists:
- Chris Barge, VP for Strategic Initiatives at the Community Foundation Boulder County and a member of the Boulder County Complete Count Task Force
- Julie Frieder, Partnership Specialist, US Census Bureau, Denver
- Carmen Palacios-Ramirez Community & Neighborhood Resources Manager, City of Longmont, CO
- Ana Temu, Campaign Coordinator, American Civil Liberties Union
- Sally Anderson | District Director for Congressman Joe Neguse
- James Thompson | Regional Director for U.S. Senator Michael F. Bennet
Snacks will be provided.
Boldly Helping Women and Children in Extreme Need
BoldeReach selects non-profit organizations that are doing exceptional work improving the lives of women and children. We focus our efforts on raising both awareness and funds to aid and further their work.
Throughout our fundraising cycle, we hold community meetings and events to educate and highlight on the current concern. 93% of all proceeds go directly to the chosen organization.
BoldeReach has raised close to $1,000,000 for non-profits to support their programs to serve women and children in extreme need.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We are always looking for caring people who’d like to get involved with BoldeReach and help us spread the love.
Stay current on what's happening at BoldeReach